Peak Zone: Summit
Business - Interested or Committed?
Without a plan, processes and discipline to execute, the chance of reaching the destination is slim. Knowing when to adapt, change course or maneuver around unforeseen obstacles takes knowledge and skills sometimes referred to as business acumen.
Ideas are great when you are in the planning phase, but getting to the Summit depends on how well you can execute the plan. VUCA (Vulnerability, Uncertainty,, Complexity and Ambiguity) is the current norm for business whether you’re a start up, growing or a mature organization. There are fundamental core elements to consider as you journey to the Summit.
- Paint a picture that you believe in and that will make you and other team members proud
- Look for ways to be radically better and different
- Be a leader in your field and have a sense of urgency because others will quickly follow.
- Always have reserve resources, finances and a contingent backup plan
- Know what is going on in all aspects of your business
- Don’t compromise on the BIG things
- Figure out how to survive on a small budget then cut that by 50%
- Short term actions should be in support of long term goals
- Take care of your personal life…family, health, spirit and enjoy what you do. Laugh often
- Build a legacy
Leading the Business – This is where the rubber meets the road – How do you rate?
- Thinks, Plans and Acts Strategically
- Initiates and Manages Change
- Willing to take reasonable risk
- Operational Excellence
- Manages Resources/ Hr, Finance, Tech
- Data Analysis
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
Additional Peak Competencies
- Ownership Attitude
- Big Picture Mentality
- Results Driven
- Takes Initiative
- Systems Thinking
- Focuses on Most Important Goals
- Understand Global Interests